Updated: Feb 11, 2020
General Meeting #6
Back and Better Than Ever
Hey pals! Welcome back to John 15! We hope your semester is off to a great start! We kicked off our semester with Abby giving us an amazing talk on holy leisure! This is a great reminder as we jump into the new year and another jam pack semester.
When we get caught up in the semester, prayer is usually the first to go and we often neglect the things that bring us the most life. First and probably most important, it’s ok to say no. And again. It’s OK to say NO. As easy as this sounds, sometimes it’s hard to walk away and FOMO is real. So when you are faced with this situation, don’t be afraid to ask for some time to discern your answer. This will help take the pressure off of having to answer the person right away and give you time to think about if you can handle this certain commitment, if you have the time in your schedule, and if this will give you life or stress you out. It’s important to remember that even though this certain commitment might be something that seems like a good opportunity to build up the church, it can be in vain if it takes away from your other obligations. It’s also important to remember that God has called you to be a student at this time and that your first obligation should be your school work and being the light of Christ in the classroom. (“your neighbor in biology class might need your witness but because you’re neglecting your class, you can’t be that to them”)
Here are some practical things to help maintain balance in your life.
1. Plan Plan Plan -> get a calendar and use it daily. This can be a calendar on your phone or a paper calendar.
2. Schedule your prayer. -> try aiming for at least 15 mins a day.
3. Schedule in your homework time -> be realistic about the time it will take to do your assignments and plan ahead so you are not working at the last minute
4. Schedule your free time -> plan to do things that re-energize you
5. Meal prep -> schedule what you are going to eat and when you are going to eat it so you don’t get ~hangry~
Finally, when despite your best scheduling efforts, you cannot find a time to pray, ask God to reveal a time in your schedule that you can pray and watch things get cancelled.
See you next week!!!
Praise God for you! | Communications Coordinator | Haley M. Gauthier | +JMJ+